By Joseph F. Trimmer
Briefer, cheaper, and more uncomplicated to exploit than the MLA's personal guide, this renowned e-book gains present MLA instructions, a brand new part on comparing on-line assets, and an up to date APA appendix. The advisor additionally presents various examples, a pattern study paper, and precious tricks on such subject matters as averting plagiarism and taking notes.
Read or Download A Guide to MLA Documentation PDF
Similar writing books
All scholars and professors have to write, and lots of fight to complete their stalled dissertations, magazine articles, booklet chapters, or provide proposals. Writing is tough paintings and will be tough to wedge right into a frenetic educational agenda. during this useful, lighthearted and inspiring e-book, Paul J Silvia explains that writing productively doesnot require innate talents or particular qualities yet particular strategies and activities.
This publication isn't for everybody. It's quite, good, bizarre. even if, we love bizarre, and we have now chanced on that almost all scholars do, too. brief and candy is a ebook of 28 reproducible artistic writing actions. The actions support scholars stretch their imaginations and feature enjoyable with writing while.
- Writing Your Doctoral Dissertation: Invisible Rules for Success
- Non-Fiction Writing Machine: How to Write a Book in 5 1/2 Days in 3 Simple Steps
- Self Impression: Life-Writing, Autobiografiction, and the Forms of Modern Literature
- Poet's Market 2016: The Most Trusted Guide for Publishing Poetry
Additional resources for A Guide to MLA Documentation
19. Treat inclusive page numbers in text citations and in the reference list as follows: 67–68, 102–103, 237–242, 389–421. Sample Entries When citing books and articles, provide the following general categories of information: Author’s last name, first initial. (Publication date). Book title. Any additional information. City of publication: Publisher. Author’s last name, first initial. (Publication date). Article title. Periodical title, inclusive pages. Entries illustrating variations on this basic format appear below and are numbered to facilitate reference.
Implications for Your Research and Composing / 27 Version B Robert Hughes points out that transportation did not stop crime in England or even slow it down. The criminal class was not eliminated by transportation, and could not be, because transportation did not deal with the causes of crime (168). Version B is also plagiarism, even though the writer acknowledges his source and documents the passage with a parenthetical reference. He has worked from careless notes and has misunderstood the difference between quoting and paraphrasing.
Bowker Co. Cengage Learning Dodd, Mead, and Co. , Inc. Farrar, Straus, and Giroux, Inc. The Feminist Press at the City University of New York Harcourt Brace HarperCollins Harvard University Press Holt, Rinehart and Winston, Inc. Houghton Mifflin Co. Alfred A. Knopf, Inc. J. B. Lippincott Co. The MIT Press The Modern Language Association of America W. W. , Inc. Oxford University Press, Inc. Princeton University Press Rand McNally and Co. Random House, Inc. St. Martin’s Press, Inc. Charles Scribner’s Sons Simon and Schuster, Inc.